27 December 2013

Christmas 2013

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were both lovely, the nicest in years. Am feeling very fortunate to have been able to spend such lovely time with my dearest peeps. Sadly, I took very few photos but I'm sure the memories will linger for a long time to come.

Good things about Christmas Eve:

* working a surprisingly relaxed day shift with happy colleagues and tasty treats sweetening the deal further.
* successfully finding a last minute gift I was hoping to find on my way home from work
* not caring that the house wasn't completely immaculate for Christmas and just feeling satisfied with the hard work I had put in being enough
* going out for dinner for Mum's birthday and having a wonderful Vietnamese feast with all the siblings, partners and kids there
* having everyone come back to our place, candles aplenty lit throughout the house, carols playing, holly and berries in vases, eggnog consumed and my sister happily saying to me "Now it feels like Christmas!"
* the kids excitedly sprinkling reindeer food down along the driveway, checking the Santa tracker on the internet to see where in the world he currently was (New Zealand! So exciting!), putting out milk, mince pies and carrots and placing their Santa sacks outside their room
* quietly putting everything together under the tree and marvelling at the abundance
* crashing into bed at an ungodly hour- ahh, sweet, sweet sleep....

To be continued.....the beach is calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment